Gold River Casino brought in I-5 Design and Manufacture to create a new conceptual casino design that would update the overall visual impression of their property, and transform the entire location into a local destination.
Design and finished product highlights
I-5’s design team incorporated important elements from the Delaware Tribe’s culture to create a theme that would be established on the gaming floor, then flow throughout the rest of the casino. Using architectural stone, wood columns and specialty-patterned metals, the areas designated for the cashier, players club and restaurant were clearly identified and differentiated. Special features included:
• Custom wall murals, which add dimension and interest to the space while incorporating the new color palette
• Custom-designed carpet, which ties together décor elements and adds color and boldness underfoot
• Specialty lighting sconces and chandeliers, prominently featuring the tribe’s logo and patterns
• In the restaurant area, an outdated ’50s style café was turned into an appealing, contemporary casual dining
Additionally, Gold River’s new Lenape Lounge was created from the ground up within an existing unused storage space, adding an additional venue for the casino and an opportunity to attract new customers. Décor elements here included:
• A sizable overhead wood beam structure
• Specialty patterned metal finishes featuring I-5’s exclusive EtchedMetal process
• Integrated mica chandeliers
• A raised stage area for live entertainment
Production and implementation
After key décor elements were produced at I-5’s own manufacturing facility, Gold River’s entire upgrade was implemented by the I-5 installation team—including carpet removal and installation—within 2 weeks, while the casino remained open.
This complete remodel perfectly brought to life the intent of the design, thanks to the continuity of I-5’s in-house design, fabrication, and installation teams and capabilities. Each distinct area within the casino is beautifully executed and integrated into the overall design, including strategic gaming device placement for optimum traffic and flow, and the inviting feel of the new Lenape Lounge.